JSJ Smart Homes is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
JSJ Smart Homes may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 25th May 2018.
- By contacting our general customer services team at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- By contacting our Data Protection Officer: email@example.com
What We Collect
We may collect the following information:
- Your name and job title at the company you are employed so we know who is best to contact regarding orders or technical information.
- Business contact information (email/telephone) so we can keep you up to date about your orders.
- Your business address for invoicing and accounting purposes.
What We Do With The Information We Gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information to keep you informed and present new commercial opportunities.
We will only process the data we collect about you if there is a reason for doing so, and if that reason is permitted under data protection law. We will have a lawful basis for processing your information: if we need to process your information in order to provide you with the service you have requested or to enter into a contract; we have your consent; we have a justifiable reason for processing your data; or we are under a legal obligation to do so.
Where we need to in order to provide you with the service you have requested or to enter into a contract, we use your information:
- to supply the services you have requested;
- to enable us to collect payment from you; and
- to contact you where necessary concerning our services, such as to resolve issues you may have with your project
- to enable our customer support team to help you with any enquiries or complaints in the most efficient way possible;
- to contact you for your views and feedback on our services and to notify you if there are any important changes or developments to the Sites or our services, including letting you know of new services.
Information that We Collect from You
- As part of our commitment to the privacy of our customers and visitors to our Sites more generally, we want to be clear about the sorts of information we will collect from you.
- When you visit our website or make contact via the site’s webform, you are asked to provide information about yourself including your name, email and any contact number. This may also include your project or home address in order for JSJ Smart Homes to ascertain whether your project is within our catchment area. We may hold more information for our clients, which translates to JSJ Smart Homes holding data such as you payment information and administration logins for your Smart Home.
How and When We Share Your Information
JSJ Smart Homes sometimes distribute products from external companies (Eg. Loxone). When processing these orders, we do have to share basic information with these companies, so you can receive your products. This includes:
- The recipient’s name and postal address so the distributor can correctly fill out the shipping label.
- Information such as your email address and telephone number is not shared with the distributor without express permission from the recipient.
The information that is shared is necessary for the order to be shipped. The distributor will not contact you for marketing purposes as a result of orders placed through the JSJ Smart Homes website.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org or calling our team on +44 (0)203 283 8485
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we are required to do so by law.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.